Using modular line cards along with port adapters, the ASR 9000 Series can support a wide range of customer applications, including video on demand, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), point-to-point video, Internet video, and cloud-based computing. The line cards can also be used to deliver economical, scalable, highly available, line-rate Ethernet, and IP/Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) edge services. Cisco ASR 9000 Series line cards and routers are designed to provide the fundamental infrastructure for scalable Carrier Ethernet and IP/MPLS networks, supporting profitable business, residential, and mobile services.
- Features and BenefitsASR 9000 Series line cards are fully compatible with the Cisco ASR 9922 Router, ASR 9912 Router, ASR 9910 Router, ASR 9904 Router, ASR 9010 Router, and ASR 9006 Router, as well as ASR 9000 Series route switch processors (RSPs), route processors, and other Typhoon network processing unit (NPU)-based line cards. Total bandwidth is dependent on the number and type of RSPs installed.The new 400G and 200G modular line cards deliver the ability to mix and match modular port adapters so that customers can customize each slot in the ASR 9000 to their specific port demands. For example, in the case of the 400G modular line cards, a 20-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet modular port adapter can be matched with a 2-port 100 Gigabit Ethernet modular port adapter, all in a single slot, for a total bandwidth of 400 gigabits per slot. In the case of a 200G modular line card, two 1-port 100 Gigabit Ethernet modular port adapters can be used per slot for a total of 200 gigabits per slot, or a single 2-port 100 Gigabit Ethernet or a single 20-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet modular port adapter can be used to get 200 gigabits per slot. Both the 200G and 400G modular cards are compatible with all earlier generations of port adapters.The Cisco ASR 9000 Series 400G and 200G Modular Line Cards provide simultaneous support for both Layer 2 and Layer 3 services and features. This capability helps operators qualify and stock a single line card that can be deployed in any combination of Layer 2 and Layer 3 applications. It also helps reduce capital expenditures (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx), as well as reduce the time required to develop and deploy new services. Cisco modular line cards set exceptional standards for service density, allowing operators to offer predictable, managed transport services while optimizing the use of network assets.
- Application/Usage: Optical Network, Data Networking
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10GBase-X
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 20
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Weight (Approximate): 2.20 lb